Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anyway Project - Week 1

Well, it's officially starting. Sharon posted the slightly revised categories and her 2 goals per category for the month of Nov. I'm going to try and do weekly Anyway posts. The categories are:

Domestic Infrastructure
- these are the realities of home life, including making your home work better with less, getting organized, dealing with domestic life, etc...

Household Economy: Financial goals, making ends meet, saving, barter etc...

Resource Consumption : in which we use less of stuff, and strive to live in a way that has an actual future.

Cottage Industry and Subsistence:: The things we do that prevent us from needing to buy things, and the things we produce that go out into the world and provide for others. Not everyone will do both, but it is worth encouraging.

Family and Community: Pretty much what it sounds like. How do we enable those to take the place of collapsing infrastructure?

Outside Work: Finding a balance, doing good work, serving the larger community as much as we can, within our need to make a living.

Time and Happiness: Those things without which there's really no point.

DI - My 2 goals for Nov. are to clean my bedroom closet and build the shed (pre-fab purchased 3 months ago.). My bedroom closet has all the boxes of old clothes that I have saved up to make window quilts (see RC) but they are in the back and completely non-accessible at the time.

HE - I'm going to enlist Thaxiss for help with this one. We really need to get our spending under control. The first step is to track exactly where we spend all our money. The 2nd goal for this is to increase our savings by $50 this month. Not much, but it all helps.

RC - Goal 1 is to make window quilts for the 5 west facing windows we have. Goal 2 is to put plastic on the windows before I put up the quilts. We get most of our cold winds in my neck of the woods from the north and west. We have no north windows, so priority is the west ones.

CIS - This one is harder. I'm not up to considering a CI right now, my life is pretty stressful and I need to reduce stress right now. And for S, it's almost winter, so there's just not as much to do. So goals are to get 1 new garden bed built before winter hits, going to have to be this week, as I'm out of town for work next week and then it will probably be too cold after that. Plant 2 pots of herb seeds that I could grow in the house this winter. I've only ever done annuals outside, so getting a good herb setup is a long term goal as well.

FC - Only going to do one for this for now. I'm going to sign up for one class or event in our new community. The event class doesn't have to be in Nov, I just have to get signed up in Nov.

OW - I work..a lot. Too much sometimes and it is high stress, but my job pays most of our bills. The goal is week after next to only work 40 hours. I have commitments that make it impossible for this week and next.

TH - This section will be self-care for me. I realize that most of the sections involve self-care to some degree, but I tend to let self-care go. I start going to relaxation/stress reduction sessions tomorrow, they are once a week. I have done this before and it helps immensely. It's all stuff I can do on my own, but I just don't.


No comments: