Friday, August 1, 2008

My 1st Official Challenge

I'm participating in my first official challenge. I was going to try and do Independence Days on my own, and have failed miserably. So when Chile Chews announced her new challenge I decided I would do it. The challenge is Discretionary Eating. There are 6 categories. I decided that I really need to change my diet and it's something I've been thinking about, so I'm doing the challenge at 75% for all categories.

Chile defined the percentages as reducing that % amount from your current level. Trying to figure out what that meant for what I could eat each day was daunting. So instead I am measuring mine in days. For each category, 3 of every 4 days I will follow the rules. I get to indulge in each category 1 of every 4 days (or less), and in any one day I can only indulge in up to 2 categories.

It's 10am on day 1 and so far so good....except I can't stop thinking about food. I bought fruit and veggies, yogurt, cottage cheese and cheese to eat for breakfast and lunch at work. I need to make up oatmeal with my own add-ins at home to bring to work. I really missed my packet of maple and brown sugar oatmeal this morning. But I deemed the pre-made packets as violating cafe and lite, so none of those this month. A task for the weekend.

No comments: