Saturday, June 18, 2011

Canning

Canning...it might be my new obsession. I bought onions, beets and dill at the farmers market today. I made veggie pickles with the onions, beets, beet stems and some carrots I had. I've never had veggie pickles, but they sound really good. And since I love pickles, I should like veggie pickles. They are processing right now. We also got some green onions and radishes but those are to eat fresh.

I have a jar of dill vinegar started. It takes 2 weeks to steep. Not sure what I'm going to do with it once it's made but, I'm sure I'll think of something. I love dill. And the rest of the dill has been cleaned and picked over so it's ready to go in the fridge and I took out a roast to make roast with dill. I've only ever made it with dried dill, so I'm interested to see how it is with using fresh dill.

No comments: